Friday, November 11, 2005

Jarhead--A Brief Interpretive Look

War is hell, whether it's four days or four years. Boredom...black rain. We have seen the enemy and it might be us... or them, you just never know. Island of sand and fog. Your best friend is your rifle. And it's 1, 2, 3, 4, what are we fighting for...? To be or not to be becomes a reality. You're not sure what is truth and what is just another line of bullshit. My country wants me here--but their country doesn't. The footsteps that I'm following in no longer fit my feet. The woman I left behind has left me behind. Everyone is telling me to stay the course and I've lost my compass. If I get out of this alive, I will not be the man I used to be and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. But I must get out alive.

No comments: