Monday, April 01, 2013

She Redux (inspired by the poem, She Walks In Beauty by Lord Byron)


She talks
to me
in poetry
in still small voices
and seductive whispers
and speaks to me
of eternal life
and love unending;
her tone never wavers
but resonates,
soothingly,
giving me chills,
caressing my body,
calming my soul.

She looks
at me
with eyes so fair
and unrelenting
She
of the tender eyes
and darkest hair
She
of the rosy lips
and warmest smile
She
who can caress
with one look,
one touch,
one word.
She
of the giving heart
and sweet embrace.
She
second to angels
made in the image of God
for God too is beautiful,

She
who walks in beauty
like the night
and stirs men’s souls to song.
She
the rarest find
the precious pearl
She
who’s touched me to the very core
She
who walks in beauty
She who walks
She who
She.

© Joseph Powell

No comments: